Music is a powerful asset when trying to relax in your backyard, at the beach or just on the go. Whether you’re meditating or just kicking back after a long day’s work, music is one of the most powerful ways you can improve your atmosphere.
When it comes to wireless outdoor speakers, there are many MANY options. So for those who hate reading, here’s my breakdown of the best speakers, right here, right now.
RESULTS – Breakdown:
- Best price: #4 VAVA Rugged Portable Speaker ($30)
- Best portability: #15 Yatra Aquatune Portable Speaker ($80)
- Best Bluetooth: #7 OontZ Ultra Bluetooth Outdoor Speaker ($40)
- Best sound: #12 Poweradd 36W Waterproof Speaker ($50)
- Best battery: #5 Hompie Lantern Speaker Light ($35)
- Best waterproof: #13 Aomais GO Fully Waterproof ($70)
- BEST OVERALL: #11 Hcman Waterproof Lightweight Speaker ($50)
*If you want more detail in my choices above, continue reading or skip to the conclusion at the bottom!
Time for more DETAIL.
For this particular article, I’ll be listing 17 speaker options in order of least expensive to most expensive ($15 to $300). All for the purpose of portability (apart from installing speakers or the like).
We’ve come along way in weatherproof technology, so sit back, scroll down, and read about the plentiful options you have when looking for the best wireless outdoor speakers.
I guarantee you there’s a speaker to fit your budget!
1. $15 Kunodi Portable Mini Speaker
This is literally the cheapest speaker option I can recommend without getting embarrassing. A low price generally leads to low-quality, BUT, with Amazon’s Choice badge and a 4.5/5.0 star customer review rating, be assured this is a good quality mini-speaker.
- 4″ in diameter (9.6 ounces)
- 600MAH built-in battery
- IPx45 Water resistant/Dustproof
- Phone-call capability with built-in mic
- Included carabiner
- 4 to 5 hrs of play time (2 to 3 hrs charging time)
- 3 ways to connect: TF card, Bluetooth, aux line
I LOVE the idea of the speaker’s battery showing up on your phone while connected. It makes it so functional when on the go, especially with a sturdy carabiner attachment like it has.
It does state that you CANNOT immerse in water, so it should advertise it as water-resistant and not waterproof (those sly dogs).
But regardless of a few compromises, you really can’t beat the price for a battery-powered, portable outdoor speaker.
This light is definitely designed for camping or night-light use. The round design allows the light to spread across an area evenly and the white light is actually more natural and warm – said to even protect your eyes!
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- About 5″ in diameter
- Dimmable night light (3 brightness options with 7 color modes)
- 5 to 10 hrs of functionality (depending on the amount of light/music use)
- Phone call functionality (built-in mic)
- Portable hook design
It does take a while to recharge (about 4 hrs), but if used as a night light you won’t have to worry about it during the day (as it charges). The touch sensitivity is very useful and convenient for children to use and it seems very bright!
Most waterproof speakers have an ugly design, but this circular speaker isn’t an eye-sore! And with the hook, it could definitely be used in the shower as well as outdoor venues.
- Water resistant (IP 5)
- 3 ways to connect: Bluetooth 4.1, Aux cable, & Micro SD
- 5 to 8 hrs operating time (charge less often)
- Built-in microphone (can be used for phone calls!)
- Sweet crystal clear sound (bass only goes to 100Hz though)
- About 5″ in diameter
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
It’s hard to beat the price for 5-hours (maybe 8 hrs) of operating time and the fact its waterproof makes me envision taking phone calls in the shower (which I guess it pretty cool!). But I’m not too fond of 1.5hrs of charging time and the fact the bass doesn’t go down below 100 Hz. Though, with a speaker this size, you wouldn’t really use it for the bass (keep in mind that for meditation music, it does matter).
The warranty they offer lasts for 18-months as well which is nice. And with the little hook attached to the speaker itself, this nifty little audio player makes for a good budget-friendly option that’s hard to beat.
4. $30 VAVA Rugged Portable Speaker
So far this is the best option for battery life when it comes to playing music – with an enduring 5200mAh battery, it can last up to 24 hours of use. With the included carabiner, this portable speaker is built to “outlast the adventure” (as they advertise).
- 8″ in length (1 pound in weight)
- HUGE battery: 24 hours (2 hrs charging time)
- Waterproof construction (IP 6 rating)
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Includes 3.5mm audio port and micro USB charging cable
I’m not completely sold on the sound quality of this speaker system, but with everything else in consideration, it does seem like the best package for the price. Especially considering the battery life which is far above average for the price and size of the speaker.
The customer reviews are glowing and with all the ruggedness of its design, it is less than a pound in weight. Not bad for such a small device.
5. $35 Hompie Lantern Speaker Light
If you’re looking for the best price with the most utility, look no further.
This little 3-in-1 outdoor speaker definitely packs a punch and offers more use than any option I’ve listed so far. Below I list the capabilities/specs and after reviewing it, you’ll soon understand why my previous statement might even be an understatement! It’s really amazing.
- 5″ tall, 3″ in diameter with built-in hook
- Multi-functional: speaker, lantern, and phone charging station
- Bluetooth 4.2
- 4.8W, 16 beaded LED lights with 5 light modes (including SOS signalling): up to 196 lumens
- HUGE battery: 92 hrs when just playing music, 200 hrs when just using LEDs, 16 hrs for both audio/LEDs
- 7 hours to charge
- Direct USB plug-in for charging phones (as small as a phone too!)
It’s amazing to think this little device can hold such a powerful lithium battery when it is the same size as a normal phone!
I am disappointed though that there doesn’t seem to be any mention of waterproofing. But despite that, this mini-speaker really allows for a lot of wiggle room for extended hikes or camping adventures. For the price, it is really hard to beat that battery-life, which to me is the most important aspect of a chargeable device.
If you like this speaker, check out this other one too!
Click here to view the Yosoo version with a bigger battery, more durable hook, and square design!
I can just see myself camping with one of these speakers – hiking all day while listening to music and using it as a flashlight when I’m walking back to the campsite at dusk. Such great usability for this mini-speaker.